Search Text of Facebook Posts

Everything goes here... for now...
shaneh

Search Text of Facebook Posts

Post by shaneh »

Hello!

I've been using Cult Cars for the last few months now. I saw your post on the AACA site a while back. The website is very helpful.

I was wondering if it would be possible/beneficial to add the ability to search the description of the facebook marketplace car posts. For example, sometimes I search the keyword phrase "garage kept" or "one owner" or "original owner". These keywords are usually found in the description of the vehicle listing. Currently, the search function seems to only scan listing titles - I may be wrong though!

Is this a possibility? Excited to hear back!

Thanks!

cultcars
Site Admin

Re: Search Text of Facebook Posts

Post by cultcars »

shaneh wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:07 pm I was wondering if it would be possible/beneficial to add the ability to search the description of the facebook marketplace car posts. For example, sometimes I search the keyword phrase "garage kept" or "one owner" or "original owner". These keywords are usually found in the description of the vehicle listing. Currently, the search function seems to only scan listing titles - I may be wrong though!
Right now, the site scans just the search results of Facebook, which does not include the longer listing description. However, I will look into what it might take to pull the longer description - not just on Facebook but other sites as well.

shaneh

Re: Search Text of Facebook Posts

Post by shaneh »

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, if its not too much of a lift from a coding perspective, it would be a huge value add. Another example is the phrase "Barn Find". Typically they put that in the listing description vs. the posting title.

Really look forward to seeing if you can make this work. Excited to hear!